December 21, 2011

feathers and teeth.

I wore some clip-on feathers in my hair today.

And that's all for today folks!

I wish. I spent some time on the phone today with my dentist and oral surgeon.

I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out in October but got a bad sinus infection and had to reschedule for this coming Dec 29th. That is 8 days from now. 8 days.

A month ago, my (sweet)dentist shook his head at me and said "I don't know if you are gonna be able to wait that long...one of your wisdom teeth is cracked and it might turn into a crisis once it hits the nerve..."

I have never had teeth pain ever in my life, so I had no idea what he was talking about.

Til yesterday. My cracked tooth was throbbing and I was in miserable pain. I had no idea that teeth could hurt this bad. I took Advil and Tylenol and that did not help much. 8 days seemed a loooong time away.

Last evening I was scheduled to see Dr W(my homeopathic DO), so I told her about my teeth. She inspected my mouth and said my jaw muscles were uber tight and that I was probably clenching like a maniac at night...and that was not helping my overall mouth situation. Dr W whipped up a little dental impression mouth guard for me(is there anything she cannot do???). She says that when I clench my teeth it also causes immobility of the sinuses...and that people with chronic sinus issues(hello, ME!) usually clench their teeth at night. And get cracked teeth. Hm.

Anyhow. My mouth guard helped some and my teeth(overall) felt much better this morning. My cracked tooth still hurt. I took a few Advils and felt ok for the most part. But I was still kind of nervous that my tooth situation could go from bad to worse at any given moment. And Christmas is just a few days away!

What to do???

My oral surgeon is totally booked because all the teenagers on Christmas break are getting their wisdom teeth pulled this week. But fortunately he said he could squeeze me in and take my wisdom teeth out a few days earlier.(Dec 26th, the day after Christmas)...and prescribed tylenol w/codeine and vicodin in case of an emergency. And so I don't jump off a bridge from the throbbing pain.

Don't worry mom. I won't be jumping off any bridges.

So just limping along til I get these teeth out! Just 5 more days! 5 more days!

Praying that I don't need vicodin. Praying that my tooth does not act up again.

But at least I had some feathers in my hair to keep my mind off the inevitable impending doom of tooth extractions.