March 27, 2014

Salted Caramel Cake Recipe

Hi! Just wanted to share my favorite new cake recipe...the salted caramel vanilla cake. I know there are many similar recipes out there. Basically I picked my favorite aspects of each recipe and added a few changes to make things easier for me.

It's the perfect cake for all your upcoming spring festivities. YUM.

It's pretty straightforward, even for a kitchen klutz like me. Well, I did screw up my first trial run, but that won't happen to you. I'll make sure of it.

This recipe is for a two layer round cake. I was inspired by these two recipes but modified them to make it easier-- I am too lazy to make white cake from scratch so I used vanilla box cakes(Betty Crocker). Here are your basic ingredients:

I screwed up my first trial because my cake was too thin/short for all that caramel sauce. The cakes was drenched in caramel. Whoops.  Just make your cake a little thicker/taller by adding a little more batter to your pans(buy two boxes of cake mix rather than 1). As a bonus,  you can use any remaining batter for cupcakes!

Super simple recipe for caramel sauce. 

Set caramel sauce aside. Best at room temp.

Frosting recipe:







Bottom layer with holes and caramel sauce:


Bottom layer frosted, sprinkled with sea salt.


Second layer cake added to first layer. Drizzled top with caramel.


Frost top layer and add Twix. Then drizzle more caramel in zig-zag pattern.


I added a banner for a special friend's bday.


Little flags for cupcakes.


Just hit the spot perfectly.

29 comments:

  1. Holy Moses. I think I drooled on my desk. That looks a-freaking-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mad me laugh because I think I did the same thing!

      Delete
  2. oh. i. die.
    caramel is the key to my heart.
    for reals.
    now, do i make it myself?
    or just pin it a bunch of times and hope a good friend is scouring my pins??
    this looks amazeballs!
    i wanna bite my computer screen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.word!! drooling...i need this...asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heart palpitating ooey gooey recipe. I shall make this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be making this sooooooon. Holy Moses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this and the frosting and carmel sauce tasted so sinful I could not even bring myself to put the candy on top! Thanks for sharing this beautiful and simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly! I may just have to use that for Jed's upcoming 4th birthday. Just add a cool cowboy on top. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, this looks positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for ur great posting on web design service we also provide quality web design and development services on affordable price plz look once
    1 bhk flat in Bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe. Just made the cake and it looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really awesome blog. And thank you for sharing amazing information. This is a very useful post for me. This will absolutely be going to help me with my project. Thank you again...
    Custom Packaging Boxes USA
    Custom Boxes
    Slider Boxes
    Mailer Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Job,thanks for sharing this informatie article with us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. ice creamBirthday Cakes Newyork

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Job, thanks for sharing this informative
    topic with us

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can do very creative work in a particular field. Exceptional concept That was incredible share.
    Skyfall Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is very informative i like it very much keep it up.
    Makeup box

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad to be here and read your very interesting article, it was very informative and helpful information for me. keep it up. Snake Plissken Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am truly pleased to discover this website as well as do appreciate reading through helpful content articles submitted right here. The actual suggestions from the writer had been amazing, many thanks for that reveal.
    Beth Dutton Brown Fur Coat

    ReplyDelete