March 11, 2013

Kingsburg

We traveled to Kingsburg this weekend for John's family reunion. It's a Swedish town ya know.

John's clan is Swedish(Just a few of us pictured--John's immediate family--minus 4 of my nieces).

When we first got married they tried to make me eat pickled herring and there was even talk of Lutefisk. Oi vey!

This weekend I decided to be all touristy. Got out my big ole camera and everything.

I've always been fascinated by Three Crowns Fountain at the park.








The swedish are famous for their fabulously painted dala horses.


I think we should get one for our backyard.




That is a swedish teapot behind Finn.


Meandering the streets. Just hanging out with all these boys was one of the best days I've had in a while.



I love all my little buddies so much. Each day when I say my prayers, I thank the Lord for them. They are precious gifts to me.


And I've decided that boys are not smelly at all.

As they get bigger, we've been having so much fun. I used to dread the day when I didn't have a baby on my arm. But seriously, each phase is full of unique treasures. Like John and I can sleep in on the weekends.



Finn(9) is at a fun age where we can talk and conspire and watch movies together.




And I can still get my baby fix by convincing Tweeds he's still my baby boy. It's kinda pathetic.


The only problem is that one day they are gonna grow up and marry girls that may or may not like me.

And may or may not let me barge into the delivery room just minutes after giving birth. It's tragical, really.

Maybe I can bribe their future wives with red vines. (In my family, the prospective suitors had to bring red vines to get into family. True story).

But I think I'm getting a few steps ahead of myself. What if they don't take a wife?!

For now I will enjoy hogging them all to myself. Well, I will share with their grandmas.



25 comments:

  1. Ah, love this post! Beautiful pictures :)
    You make me SO excited to have sons one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!!! I think you need one of those horses in your back yard too! We used to go to the Coffee Pot park a lot when I was younger! That's where my cousin showed me how to use a magnet to get iron flakes out of the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell someone has a crazy creative eye for pics! Tea pot- haha! Love the one of Finn on his dad back, that's awesome! Once again- cutest fam ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandpa, who lived near Kingsburg, would always tell me that his coffee was piped in from the giant coffee pot tower. He said all homes in the area had a special spigot for coffee.

    Where did you get Finn's Darth Vader hoodie? Jack is Star Wars obsessed right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know your grandpa lived near kingsburg! i got finn's hoodie at target!

      Delete
  5. How fun! I live next door to kingsburg (sorta) but I've never really explored the little town, Only ever been there for Baby shower's and things for my friends that are from there. Looks like it would be a cute place to actually go and explore one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pictures. you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. you take great photos of your ridiculously sweet and adorable family! I can't wait to sleep in on weekends!

    and for the record. I adore my mother in law. adore her and I ever let her in the room during my deliveries :) your future daughters will be lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you are too sweet. i am lucky enough to have a fabulous mother in law too!

      Delete
  8. Twain looks absolutely intrigued or concerned about the man on that sign only wearing leaves. Twain seems to be trying to figure that out! :)
    Your family is so gorgeous and I also feel an overflowing of gratefulness for my own. Boys are so incredibly awesome and you are raising boys that will cherish their wives! I am always a little amazed at how much more I love them today than yesterday. As babies I would want to just squeeze them, I loved them so much...I totally still want to do that and sometimes I do. It kinda embarresses Eli now. but I totally don't care. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious post! Everyone needs one of those super fun horses! I think you will be blessed with sweet DIL because your sweet boys will marry sweet girls! Great pictures! I've never even heard of Kingsburg but it looks adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your boys...so cute. I wish you lived next door and Elijah could run over and play. I get a little nervous about Elijah's future wife myself:) and did i tell you Caleb spent a year in Sweden? true story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your photos so much. What a cute family you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DYING. these are adorable. i sure hope you're framing these bad boys somewhere in your house? i think yes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what?!?!
    where is this little swede town?!
    it's supah cute!
    and i love your pics.
    your little family is A-dorable!
    i love those little boys... sorta b/c i have crushes on them for my girls. ;)
    i love to know little Jesus lovin' suitors are being made especially for my Jesus lovin' gals.
    ha ha!
    sounds creepy... but it's not!
    just happy to know that there are good little boys out there for my good little girls.
    ha ha!
    tell those boys they can bring red vines over any day.
    also... i adore my mother in law too.
    she's the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gahhh. Your family is so cute. And these photos are priceless.

    Also, I want a dala horse now too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these pictures, so cute! And I love what you wrote. AND I love that fountain. i would be obsessed with it to. Oh, and that one picture, where finn is leaning to the side all suave like- heart melted. you have some seriously adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute are these pics! I love that you embrace having all boys. My dad has a family of all girls(theres 3 of us), but we tell him her gets to have male animals, which is our cat and pug. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny! i come from a family of all girls! and i have 11 nieces:1 nephew:) love them all to pieces!

      Delete
  17. Oh, I am so scared for when my baby is off my hip, I am glad it's not that horrible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i totally understand! seriously i was baby crazy forever! but older kids are super fun in a totally different way that i didn't expect. like i have fun and don't stress and they are so easy. i didn't realize it at the time, but babies are a lot of work and super stressful. of course wonderful as well and i wouldn't trade it for the world! but doing it 4 times in a row was certainly a labor of love with the nursing, sleepless nights etc..

      Delete
  18. Fortunately, my grandparents stopped making lutefisk before I can remember tasting it. I hear it's quite an acquired taste. What a fun town. I hope to some day visit Sweden, but I might have to pay this little town a visit. Those boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, life with five fellas! I'm visiting for the first time, so I'm new to your exciting little band of brothers. Looks like life with four boys is quite an adventure. I'm getting the hang of being a mom to a baby boy. This is great inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome! thanks for popping by! congratulations on your baby~what fun!

      Delete