March 17, 2008

St. Patty Picnic

Other than shamrocks, the color green and Irish celebrations, I know very little about St. Patrick's Day. I tried to research it a few minutes ago, but was too tired and started to snooze...though I did find out that the original color was blue not green. I should know a little more, considering I am part Irish. I did celebrate a little today though. Auntie Paula invited us over for a green-food-lunch.
cute clover-shaped sandwhiches

It was so warm and beautiful outside, we had a little picnic outside. Brooke, Calvin and kitty Lucy enjoyed basking in the sun.

Later on Gretch and Mike stopped by for a few minutes to drop off a pasta maker and I had to snap a shot of the babies' 1st St. Patty's Day together.
Lijah's starting to get some hair-- looking kind of red and Irish, no?

After Calvin woke up from his nap, I thought it would be fun to play outside and take some pictures. However, he awoke with quite the storm-cloud over his head. The other day he woke up from his nap crying hysterically. I rushed in and asked what was wrong, and he squeaked out that "a fly tried to hurt him". I don't know how photographers deal with the ever-changing moods of a toddler. Can you imagine if an adult cried over a pretzel one minute and the next minute was laughing over flower pedals?
And don't get me started on Ollie. The past few days have been absurdly challenging, because he is teething again. Saturday night he woke up at 12am, 1am, 2am and 6am... and last night he woke up a lot too, but I can't even remember how often, I am so delirious. He's like Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.
One minute he's completely chilled out...

the next minute he is crying bitterly over his teeth...

and the next minute he's smiling happily from Finn and Calvin.

Whatever their moods, I always love playing with my pile of boys.

7 comments:

  1. These are adorable pictures! My little one too woke up around 5 times last night whimpering and knawing on his paci so hard! He just got done getting 4 teeth on top. Can he really be teething again?? No temperature so I'm guessing it's still teething. Poor guy! (and poor me too... I'm super tired). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures.. I love the last picture of you and your "pile of boys".. Sounds like a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures D! They look great and I love the pile of boys! That should be the name of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures! They are the cutest things ever. The St. Paddy's lunch looks quite exciting!

    Lol about the pile of boys. We always talk about our pile of girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your boys are to die for.
    and all that green! too cute!

    we need to hang out. i'm having withdrawals. and seriously...why are you the only one that gets to see gretchen? i thought for sure she'd fallen off the face of the earth?! i miss her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshy is working on tooth number 2. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute and festive food! That looks like a lot of fun.

    Poor Ollie, and poor you. Teething isn't any fun for anybody. I hope he feels better soon so you can both get some rest!

    your friend Gretchen has beautiful hair. And I LOVE the picture of you with your "pile of boys" :)

    ReplyDelete