November 28, 2007

it's raining, it's pouring....

I went out and bought these cute boots for Finn yesterday...
since it rains so much around here
Well, maybe not, but these boots were way too much fun to pass up. Besides, we have dew on our grass every morning, and it's such a pain to clean up soggy shoes and socks. In fact, just minutes after taking this picture, Calvin managed to find some mud pit and both of his boots were entirely covered in muck.

snuggle bugs
So it may not rain much around here, but it is starting to get very chilly. It's actually starting to feel like Christmas. We have to wait a few more days to get our big tree, but in the meanwhile:
the boys decorated the fun little tree
One of our Christmas traditions it that everyone gets to pick out a Hallmark Keepsakes ornament each year. And the gaudier the better.
my favorite is the incredible hulk

and some not so favorites

Much to my dismay, the boys picked these out last time. John insisted that they were allowed to keep them:(

do ya think Finn wants a bike for Christmas?

Calvin following close behind in the bike trailer

Ollie watches them, and can't wait to join in

6 comments:

  1. Cute boots! And Ollie's Boden overalls are adorable. If Ollie had been their model I would have bought a pair for Ansley (it's probably good that I didn't since she's still mistaken for a boy!)

    I love the bike and the trailer. The drums make really good wheels. Finny is so imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I love that Calvin is following behind in a trailer. Being the oldest has such advantages. Great pictures-- too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this baby stage but im so looking forward to galoshes and bikes made out of blocks. i laughed about the ornaments from last year!
    very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bike is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You have such a little artist on your hands! I can't believe all the creative ways he expresses himself. This is adorable! Did he save enough for the drums?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun holiday tradition! I think I need to buy my nephew some of those blocks. It looks like they entertain Finn for hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how creative Finn is... I think last time I was over he was making fireworks out of grocery bags... too cute.

    ReplyDelete