May 23, 2011

now that he's two,

we put this boy to work! Everyone has to pull there own weight around here, I tell you!


Actually I was cleaning the floor by my lonesome and Twain insisted on helping me.


So I got him a little rag and away he went!

I don't own a mop. I used to mop when I worked at Hume Lake, but it was so awkward and cumbersome. It seems easier to just get on your knees and scrub the floor like Cinderella.

He kept asking me to squirt the floor for him. Seriously it really does take twice as long to have a toddler help, but in the long run it shall pay off.

He was so serious.


And he kept sticking out his tongue in concentration. His face was hilarious!


Even before he was two though, John has enlisted Twain's help in setting the table.


At first I thought it was a big joke. I was like "John, are you seriously making our baby set the table???"


Turns out he was very serious.


Getting the silverware.


I think the fork goes to the left Twain...or is it on the right?


Eeek! I don't know my table etiquette. John does, though. He was a server at Hume and knows everything about it. It's a good thing he's the one training the boys to set the table.

Oopsie Tweetle!


Double oopsie, as he puts the fork back on the plate.You may want to bring your own silverware if you are joining us for dinner:}

And balancing the fork precariously on the plate is a tricky business.


Resting after a hard day of work.
Boy, these parents are slave drivers.

One day, this shall pay off. It's already starting to. Finn and Calvin are in charge of unloading the dishwasher each day and it's a little bit of heaven getting a break from that particular chore. SO, if you have little ones, get them started early and the payoff will be great. Trust me!