July 24, 2012

Black Apple inspired shower

After Lindsay's twinsies were born, my sister Jessica and I really wanted to throw her a Black Apple style baby shower.


I found 6 little dolls on Emily Martin's site. They would be perfect. Here is one example, which also happens to be my favorite.



There was just one leetle problem. All of her dolls were girls:

And we needed some boys. Because Lindsay has a girl AND a boy. So I modified the above girls using the pen and vector tools in photoshop, and turned some of them into boys. Believe you me. I felt like a complete klutz trying to figure out that trixy vector tool. But it worked out well enough and we were back on track for the shower.


I think Emily Martin is one of the most talented artists I know. She is the creative genius here. I just modified her girls into boys. But really it's all her inspiration, k?


Used these dolls to make lots of banners and centerpieces. The ribbon shape of the banner's pendants were inspired by cm handmade's yay banner that I saw on sweet Hannah's happy days blog.



It was my sister Jessica's idea to hang the fun colorful paper flower/wheels from the ceiling. They are from Martha Stewart. Used a 50% off coupon and it made my day.












Jessica filled the mason jars with sweet alyssum and painted them.  Inhaling those paint fumes makes me feel all hopped up on crack, so thanks Jess, for taking the hit for me. Quite literally, ha. I mean, not that I know how crack feels. Moving on.






Dewars peanut butter chews are my favorite candy in the whole wide world. In case you wanted to buy me a pound. Wink.






Jess also ordered these eyelet M. Stew(Martha Stewart)lanterns. I had no idea what she was talking about at the time, but I really dig them.









Jess and Mom were cooking like wild mashuganas(why yes, I am speaking in yiddish). They made the most delicious quiches I have ever tasted in my life. Also. Sausage was there, folks, trust me. But scarfed before I could take a pic.

Jess makes awesome handmade whip cream from TJ's heavy whipping cream, with just a little bit of powdered sugar, and some stevia drops. Pretty healthy dessert option with strawberries. Mmmmm.


Mom is giving a devotional. She spoke of God's faithfulness to our family during various trials we have encountered this past year. It's been hard but God has been so very faithful to us.



This shower was a long-awaited celebration.


Celebrating that God safely brought these two precious family members into our arms. I could fairly burst. In fact, I think I did. As each person walked into the door, I almost cried from the joy of it all.

The above pic is special to me because Jess has 4 girls and is holding Savannah, and I have 4 boys and am holding James. 


Sisters! Lindsay in the middle. She shrunk, yo. You'd never know she had a baby, let alone twins. Sheeeeesh.



with our dear mama.



and with family, family! Cousin Jamie,(also a twin!)is in the middle, holding Savannah. Next to auntie Nanie. Hayley and June, we missed you!



They were def with us in spirit. Hayley(Jamie's twin) sent quite the sentimental gift for Lindsay, amongst other things:

Wooden creatures representing Lindsay's beloved horse Sheba, and sidekick Pepe, the fainting goat. Yes, the goat actually faints when frightened...but hey! That was the only goat my parents could find at the time and she mows the back grass for them. Horse Sheba has moved onto greener pastures(sniff), while Pepe still resides with my parents. And with Rufio. Another goat. We are weird. The end.